Sunday 29 May 2011

Porcini-tini: a wild mushroom cocktail

Me with my porcini-tini at Lounge Bohemia

I'm getting married on Wednesday, much to my dismay (it only dawned on me a couple of weeks or so ago I actually had to get my self in gear for this momentous occasion, oh dear!)

So I wanted to share with you an awesome wild mushroom experience I had as part of my "hen weekend" (aka poultry party) in London.

A group of us went to a very Communist-era bunker-style bar called Lounge Bohemia in Shoreditch, where they had the most exceptional variety of cocktails. Imagine my delight when I saw the "porcini-tini" on the menu! You can see the sheer happiness on my face in the picture above...

A cocktail made of porcini mushrooms, vodka, crème de cacao, condensed milk and salt. An unlikely match made in heaven. It was delicious. Something I simply had to share for fungi fans on Absolutely Fungulous...

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant, a mushroom cocktail - it sounds... interesting! Can't really imagine mushroom with vodka. Actually it sounds a bit like an amuse bouche you might get in a fancy restaurant.
    Happy marriage by the way!

    ReplyDelete