Friday 6 May 2011

Stylish mushrooms

I found these beautiful fungi-inspired sketches on an awesome blog – Circles of Rain – yesterday and had to share their mushroomy loveliness.

Each of the quietly stylish woman in the drawings (by Sarah Wallis) are mushroom witches. 

Aunt Fly Agaric

There’s aunt Fly Agaric, with a beret-style red and white toadstool on her head...

The Deceiver
There's the witchy deceiver, who, as its name suggests, has a penchant for tricking people.

Mousserons in her hair

And this sharp-nosed lady has what looks like mousserons (or fairy-ring mushrooms) growing out of her hair.

Miss Porcelain Fungus
There's the Miss Porcelain Fungus, a woman with a distinct sense of style, and some very enviable pink heels, proving a sense of style and love of mushrooms can go together very nicely, thank you very much...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie,
    Thanks for sharing my mushroom ladies! I was just investigating my followers-something I should do more! I love the names of funghi don't you? Such weird and scary names they just inspire witches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the are such brilliant and beautiful pictures! And I really love the rest of your blog. If you ever feel inspired to sketch a chicken-of-the-woods mushroom witchy lady, do let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete